Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

My little itty bitty.

Evyn is teeny tiny. She wasn't even 7 pounds when she was born, and she still lands close to the 15th percentile for weight. Being a freakishly tall and generally large woman that has spent most of her life feeling a little like Fiona Shrek, I love this about Evyn. I will not love her any less if she grows up to be tall like her mommy, but I am savoring the anomaly of her size right now. She is growing and gaining weight, but is still such a petite little thing.

The weather cooled off this week, and I needed to put her in some clothes that were a little warmer. All of her 12 month clothes are still way too big, and the clothes that she has for 9 months are all summer-y, so I ended up moving backwards in her closet.

Here is Evyn at 4 months wearing a precious little capri pant outfit.

Evyn at 11 months wearing the same size 3-6 month outfit.

Evyn at 3 months in one of my very favorite little getups.

My sassy little 11 month old sporting the same duds.

Little miss at 5 months proudly modeling her purple jeans.

Evyn at 11 months making that purple denim work!

And just because I thought it was fun, here is Carter destroying the same bookshelf at about the same age (I think he was 9 months in this picture).

I love the look on her face in this picture. "Mom, leave me alone. I clearly have plastic food to prepare for dinner. A woman's work is never done."

And, last but not least, here is big brother living the life. Feet propped in the recliner and breakfast on a tray. Every man's dream!

5 comments:

Mary said...

How cute! That is like my boy who will be 7 in a few weeks, and still can wear a size 4T in shorts!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love, Nanna!

ashley said...

so sweet! I love that little pumpkin!

Brigitte said...

Teeny tiny, but changing and growing all the same. Looks like she's standing like a pro and I imagine she'll be walking in no time. Thanks for the sweet pictures!

Keri said...

Is this my first comment on your blog? Do I get a prize!?:)
Your babies are both so darling and I can tell that you are enjoying them so much! Blessings:)
Keri (Gilbert)