Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Tradition Lives On.

I love the Fair. It is so trashy and filthy and wonderful. I find that if you embrace the experience and force yourself to ignore the repulsion that you naturally feel, it is really a fabulous evening. Here are some highlights from our annual evening of fun.

The whole Lewis clan. Mike looks really giddy, no?

Carter put away an entire corndog painted with mustard. A boy after my own heart.

Nothing says committed relationship like hands in the back pockets.

I believe that this picture speaks for itself.

This was the first year that Carter really got into the petting zoo. He was fearless.

And he even held the ducks and chicks all by himself like a big kid.

Evyn was especially fascinated by the ducks.

This picture was taken right after we saw a cow take a huge leak. Carter and Mark both thought it was hilarious. For the record, Mark is the best sport ever. Carter thinks that Mark is the 5th member of our immediate family. I love that!

Riding the carousel like such a big kid.


This girl loves to be outside and was an absolute doll tonight. She waved and talked and smiled. She even got to taste some corndog. Gotta start 'em young!

Mommy loving her babies. I am still able to squat in this picture because it was taken before the funnel cake.

Carter is strangely drawn to this robot. It terrifies him but he wants to see it up close.

My thoughts exactly!

I feel like the very hungry caterpillar- between all of us we purchased three corndogs, lemonade, pork on a stick, corn, lemonade, a turkey leg, a chalupa, and a funnel cake. I would call it an all around great night! I can hardly wait for next year.

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

I get to live vicariously through your fair trips each year. Now I feel like I've gone again. Glad you had fun! I showed these pictures to Grace, who was most pleased about the fact that you were also wearing pigtails.

Bonky's Mom said...

I am quite pleased and am certain this day will be fabulous since it started with the hands in the back pockets picture.

Truly wonderful!

Love you guys!

Mom said...

Thank you for the cheese on a stick. 2 things I like about the fair - my cheese and your pictures.

Unknown said...

Kristen, these pictures are so great! Thank you for posting them.
Nanna

Anonymous said...

I love your fair pictures, however, I wish you had waited and gone tonight. Heath and I are working the corndog stand, and I would have loved to have witness the hands in the back pockets! I sure hope you purchased your dogs from Church on the Rock!!! They are the BEST!!!

Heather Bolin said...

I love that your wearing your Evans Choir shirt to promote at the fair?!?! Either way, I'm so glad you all had a good time and those babies are so cute!

Mary said...

So glad you had fun! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks, it's been forever!

linley said...

Everything about this post made me smile. Your kids are the cutest!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

a. hand in the back pocket...a classic romantic gesture...especially in malls and middle school...love it
b. that green thing scares me...glad you took a picture of it

Brooke said...

Good times and fun pics! Yay for the fair! I enjoy the fair because I am so intrigued by the carnies....creepy and fascinating all rolled into one. Can't wait to see you next week!!

Mark said...

This was a great trip to the fair! Thank you for letting me tag along & share funnel cake.