Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Silly, emotional me.

I was just looking at pictures of Evyn when she was brand new and got all kinds of emotional. I know that I feel a perfect sense of completion with our little family, but part of me is sad that both of my "babies" are getting so big so quickly. It seems like yesterday that we found out she was on the way. I think I am feeling all sentimental and whatnot because she is finally starting to drink out of a cup, which means that I am finally weaning her (before going to the U2 concert- woot!), and while I am completely ready to have my body back, I can't help but reflect on how this is the close of a chapter. I will never nurse another baby. (I apologize if any men are reading this.) I love the book "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury, and I am completely having a "let me hold you longer" kind of moment right now. So, I will focus on savoring each day with my sweet little ones because as every mommy knows, tomorrow will come all too soon! Thank you God for the gift of each new day with my family.

5 comments:

Kelli Archer said...

So sweet. So true. Enjoy every moment!

ashley said...

I was just remembering when we compared sonogram pictures at the ladies retreat! it goes by way too quickly...
sweet post, love you.

Mary said...

Doesn't it just fly by way to quickly? Seems like just yesterday my 9 year old was a baby. She's quick to remind me now that she's not!

Mika said...

I agree completely. It goes by way too fast. Enjoy all of it.

Mom said...

You got sentimental cuz you cleaned out her closet and had to get rid of all those adorable outfits. Now you know why I've hung on to some of your things all these years. I love you my darling.