Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

I feel the need to post a disclaimer for all of my friends that are either preacher's kids or missionary's kids (or maybe are currently missionaries with kids and also a preacher's daughter)- please know that it was not my intention to feed any stereotypes. This was all done in good fun! I promise.

I hate spending a ton of money on a costume that gets worn one time, so I always look for stuff that we have around the house. It just so happened that Carter had an authentic Moroccan shirt and hat (and pants, but they were too short). He loved the idea of being a missionary, so we slapped some sandals on him and gave him a Bible and he was ready to go. The sweet part was that he told anyone that would listen at the Fall Festival that it was his job to tell people about God. And he actually looked pretty cute!
Evyn happened to have a styling pair of heels in her closet, so we put that with a mini skirt and a mildly rebellious t-shirt and called her a preacher's kid. I considered coloring her hair or pinning a candy cigarette to her shirt but thought that might be going too far!



The PK and the MK pre-candy!

Brigitte, I hope you will still be my friend! I love you!

4 comments:

Heather Bolin said...

Those pink heels are perfect! Hope you all had a wonderful time. Hugs :)

Brigitte said...

Ha! No offense taken. Kevin and I are both laughing right now. Pretty spot-on...how original are you!?!! Evyn's heels are my favorite. I'm guessing those are the ones you got at your shower last year?

Sending love right back at ya!!

Mary said...

That's so cute, love it!

Mom said...

They are my "treat", I love these babies. They look cute and I think mom did a creative, original costume.