To fully appreciate this story, you first need a little background information.
We never put our kids to bed without a bath. I am neurotic and a little OCD, I know. Anyway, I can count on one hand the number of times we have skipped baths before bed. We were both really tired and skipped bath time last night.
Carter woke up REALLY hungry this morning and ate an entire Nutra Grain bar, yogurt, and a banana for breakfast.
So I thought it would be fun to let the kids play in the tub for a while this morning because we normally sort of rush through bath before bed. I filled a tub with bubbles and every toy imaginable and put both kids in together to play while I sorted laundry. All was well until I heard Carter say "Mom there are big crumbs in the bath! Hurry!" I knew where this was going. Sure enough, Evyn had pooped in the tub. It was one of those moments where you stop and assess the situation and still don't know where to start.
I started by getting all the toys out to sterilize, then I got Carter out and put him in a towel and started draining the tub. The problem was that the "crumbs" were actually entire grapes and pieces of undigested squash that kept clogging the drain. So I got a wash rag and started clearing the drain to let the water out. I put Evyn in a towel and closed the door trying to contain the situation as much as possible.
The water finally was almost out of the tub, which left me with the opportunity to collect the chunks of grape and squash in the wash rag and dump them in the potty. I was not enjoying this, but feeling pretty good about how well the clean up process was going. It was at this point that Carter looks in the potty and says "Oh, that is BISGUSTING!" and starts wretching violently. This makes me laugh. Until he starts throwing up. I had no idea that he was a sympathetic barfer. I am kneeling on the floor trying to clean the drain, and he refuses to throw up in the potty because the "crumbs" are in there, so he turns around and covers my feet in throw up. Nutra grain bar, banana, and yogurt- all smelling rather fruity. The only reaction I know to have is to laugh. I am trying desperately to keep Evyn out of the barf, help Carter clean his face, disinfect the tub, and start a new bath.
I promised Carter a trip to the pumpkin patch today and he was scared that I would not let him go if he was sick, so he quickly assured me that he was not sick- only allergic to baby poop. My sentiments exactly.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh Kristen, that was laugh out loud funny!
Kristen, thank you for the belly laugh just now. Isn't motherhood fun?
Love you,
Judy
1.I have heard about this poo in the bathtub thing before and am not looking forward to it.
2. your storytelling gives me the best visuals
3. I laughed when I read that carter threw up on your feet but did feel sorry for both of you.
4. love that you explained exactly what evyn's poo pieces looked like.
Post a Comment