Carter is really enjoying preschool. He comes home so happy at the end of the day. I am so curious to know what he is doing at school, but when I ask him about the best part of his day he normally tells me it was the playground. So far the only other information that he has volunteered is that there is a boy in his class that makes a lot of bad choices.
This morning, while I was drying my hair, he lined up three stuffed dogs on the sink. He told them that they needed to sit criss cross and listen to the teacher. Then he picked up my hair brush and told the dogs that this would be the stick that he would point with while he was teaching them all about birds. He kept referring back to an imaginary easel (aka pictures on sticks) and pointing with the brush while he said "Now you will see some exciting pictures of birds. You need to know that they fly and can turn their heads around like this (demonstration included). Also they lay eggs." Then he started answering questions: "Yes, penguins and ducks and parrots are all birds." I was LOVING this, so I asked him what the dogs would do next at school.
Naturally after all of that learning it is time for recess. He made the dogs line up and then put them in a chair (aka the playground). He went and pulled up a kitchen chair next to them and told me that he would sit in a chair and blow his whistle when it was time to come in.
So after all of my prodding and questioning earlier in the week, I learned more about preschool in 5 minutes in my bathroom this morning. Such a sweet way to start the day. I am so happy that he is enjoying school so much, and we absolutely adore his teachers. God is so faithful to provide! Lets just hope that he doesn't re-enact a trip to the office!!!
6 comments:
Maybe it would be a good trip to the office. I got a call from the asst prin when Janae was in 2nd grade, really freaked me out, I thought she must have gotten a broken bone or something (wasn't worried about that girl getting in trouble!!), but she got an award for "tiger pride", she was showing good character. That was a proud "office moment"!!!
This story and the Carterisms are great! I can't wait until Will starts talking like that!
Awwwww!!!! He is just too cute!
I love and miss that boy! oh sure!
that is so sweet.
i can never get answers out of z either... i just wait for him to start singing a song he learned... or say "did you know..." and tell me something he learned.
that play thing is genius though... i may try to work with that. :)
Can't wait to hear about all his preschool adventures this year! I know you'll get the scoop from him somehow. Sending hugs.
Post a Comment