Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The gift of a new day.

We lost a friend in a tragic accident this weekend, and I am reminded of how precious human life is and how fragile it can be. I want to make the most of the little moments that God gives me with these sweet little people. I want to live a life that matters. And I desperately want my children to see reflections of their Heavenly Father through me. Thank you, God, for the opportunity to help mold these sweet little people. Let me not take even one day for granted.

9 comments:

Mom said...

Once again, an adorable picture and a profound thought.
I too treasure my moments.

Mary said...

What a heart you have!! Sorry for the loss of a friend, seems like you have gone through that alot lately. May I ask if it was here in town? My brother worked an accident scene on Thursday that was a tragedy. Will miss you terribly this weekend. Come if you can make it at all, even for a minute to say hi! Love you!

kristen lewis said...

Mary- a friend from church named Nathan Neel passed away in Palo Duro Canyon on Friday. If I can swing by, I will!

Brigitte said...

AMEN!

And I was so, so sorry to hear about Nathan's death.

Love you!

Fortner Family said...

So sorry about Nathan. My brother, Lance works at the canyon and was the first one on the scene. I'm learning to enjoy everyday and every moment and not hoping for tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Unfortunately sometimes it takes a tradegy such as this to wake us up to what is important.

Bonky's Mom said...

such a great reminder to treasure each day and make the most of those moments that can so easily slip by...

Lori E. said...

What a blessing that you "get" this at a young age. You won't waste a moment, because you have the wisdom to know better. How sad for those who don't. So sorry about your friend. It is some consolation that he was there spending time with his Father in heaven.

Carrie Maxwell said...

your babies are so beautiful... as are you.

sorry about your friend.

much love.