Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Carter-isms

Life with a four year old is very entertaining. Here are some of my favorite things that he has said lately.

Yesterday morning I kissed him goodbye right after I put on my perfume:

C: Mom your kisses smell so good!

Tonight after praying and thanking God for everything he could think of (food, family, school, trees, clouds...):

C: Mom did you hear that?
M: No. What?
C: God said "You're welcome, Carter."

Singing a made up song in the car on the way to the mall tonight:

C: God made the clouds. They are so good. God made everything that is good. We don't like things that are not good. One day we will die to fire (hell?) or to heaven. God and Jesus are good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Kristen! I'm so glad you are documenting the funny Carter-isms! They are GREAT!

kristen lewis said...

??? Thanks, "Steel." I have no idea who or what you are, but I am glad you enjoyed the blog.

Unknown said...

Well, Kristen. The Google people changed my name to The Steel and left off Magnolias FROM Angela! I'll see if I can figure out how to change it back!

Angie said...

I am SO cracking up right now!

Brooke said...

Cuteness! Even at 9 Zach still says some good ones. Sadly though they do get fewer and farther between as they grow older, so enjoy the heck out of them now!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I told a kid that when you lied you went to the "lake of fire." I must have been hearing some fire and brimstone messages young. Maybe Carter, too?

Carrie Maxwell said...

so sweet.