Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Prodigal Dog Has Returned.

Every now and then something truly worth celebrating happens just completely out of the blue! Today was that day! Carter has a cherished doggie that has been his very favorite lovey since birth. Earlier in the summer, he was accidentally left in San Marcos with Mike's folks. We had tears every night until he made his way back to our home via the USPS. Whew. About a week after doggie came home, he mysteriously disappeared. Aside from this making OCD me completely crazy, I knew that this would never do because we were leaving town the next day. So I went to Hollyhocks to purchase a replacement, figuring something would be better than nothing only to find that they no longer carried it. However, one of the owners of the store had a gently loved one at home that she sold me. We were so relieved. I took Carter with me to pick up the new doggie and he kept telling me that it was such a lucky day. He refers to the new doggie as the "clean doggie." While he loves the new one dearly, sentimental me was really hoping that the original would resurface.

Carter found his "dirty doggie" this morning! YEA! He was hidden behind the couch in Carter's room. I could swear that I looked there at least twice. He was so genuinely happy and proud of himself. I felt like killing the fattened calf to celebrate the return of the prodigal! Here is Carter proudly displaying dirty doggie and clean doggie!




Sweet baby Carter loving on his doggie.

On a completely unrelated note, how adorable is this child? She was particularly sweet today. I love how insanely girlie she is!

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Yay for doggie! Any parent whose child has lost a lovey totally knows this is a BIG deal. Love the flashback photo of Carter. And how in the world does Evyn look so big in that picture? Can't you keep them from growing up so fast?

Mom said...

Welcome home doggie, no more "trips" for you!

Mary said...

You'd better put a leash on the wayward doggie! tee, hee

Stacey said...

Ah! Sweet story! Hate to lose doggie, we've been there! So glad for the happy ending.

Carrie Maxwell said...

yeah, it totally freaks me out when things mysteriously disappear... only to reappear somewhere you know for sure you looked.

strange how that happens.

glad dirty doggie is home. :)

evyn is beautiful!!!