Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

I am old.

I am aware that I am getting older for several reasons- I am clueless about celebrities and fashion. Jeans and t-shirts with flip flops is pretty high fashion for me. I am pretty ignorant about texting, twitter, and most other technology. I have gray hair. I find that I fall asleep during the ten o'clock news pretty often. I prefer to eat dinner no later than 6. I could go on.

But yesterday really sealed the deal for me. I had to go to the physical therapist because my hip hurts. I know. I sound 65. I slipped in a creek while I was holding both kids about a month ago. While they both were completely unharmed, my hip apparently took a beating. So, I go to see the PT yesterday. It was this adorable guy named Lex. He asks how old I am after I tell him about my hip problem and I tell him 32. And instead of saying something along the lines of "That is still young" or "You have plenty of good years ahead of you" he says "Wow! You don't look that old." I wasn't sure if I should say thank you or cry. "That old." This is my reality.

7 comments:

ashley said...

hmmm, laugh or cry. my vote is cry then laugh. because 32 really isn't THAT old... but it isn't THAT young either. so embrace your gray, eat your dinner at 5, and start taking boniva for osteoporosis.
whether you are 32 or 22, you are my favorite and I love your old self to pieces

Brigitte said...

You can NOT be old. It's not allowed. Because if you are, then I am too. BUT to add to the list, I can tell I'm not 18 anymore because I can't eat too late, am worried about wrinkles, and see kids in college and think they are 15. I still don't think it makes us old just yet!!

Brigitte said...

Oh, AND I seem to remember that in college at the tender age of 18 you could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. :) Love you.

Kim Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Jones said...

32 certainly is not old! (I turn 32 next week)! And don't worry about the gray hair. If it wasn't for L'Anna, I would be completely gray.

Lori E. said...

WHATEVER!!!! You know you are blessed with the face of a 16 year old without acne and you are beautiful. Age is just a number, and I am going to keep telling myself that!! lol

Carrie Maxwell said...

right on, sister.

when i was younger, i used to say that to people thinking it was a compliment. now i understand the bewildered look they gave back to me.

note to 20-somethings... "you don't look that old" is not a compliment!