Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Play Ball (and other random pictures)!

Tonight was Carter's first T-Ball game. He looked so precious in his uniform. Unfortunately, he is a little like Charlie Brown, but he at least understood the concept of the game and got on base a few times. He played catcher and spent most of the time talking to the ump. "Ooh I caught it that time. That was better. Here you go." You can imagine. I was smiling from ear to ear. He runs with his arms swinging wildly and is just sort of awkward in a really sweet and innocent kind of way. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

Here he is all ready for the big game!

His first at bat!

Running like the wind. Well, maybe running more like a gentle Spring breeze. But running to second none-the-less!

Listening to his coach after the game. I don't think he understood anything that was being said, but doesn't he look adorable?

His coach gives out a medal after each game to one player, and Carter was so proud to come home with the medal tonight! He kept asking why coach gave it to him. He is planning on wearing it tomorrow and maybe the day after that too!

I had to work Monday and go back full time tomorrow, but we got to spend the day at Roaring Springs today. That place is so magical for me. I will go back to work with my heart full. It has been an amazing summer. I have watched both babies grow up in so many ways, spent fabulous time with the love of my life, and enjoyed having some unstructured time to just relax. But, I am also blessed to have a job and a boss and friends that I really do love. Prayers would be appreciated as I get used to being away from the kids and getting back in the work groove. My goal is to really focus on the positive. I am blessed in so many ways. This was me with my offspring today at my very favorite place ever. Mike made me delete the picture with him in it because he said it looked like he had man-boobs even though I thought that he looked insanely attractive.

Evyn is into everything these days. She is definitely crawling and pulling up on anything that she can reach. She still growls when she is happy, which is most of the time. She is just pure sweetness.

Carter loves to wear his cowboy hat with his boots and shorts and because I am such a good mother, I let him. Only on days that we are not going out in public!

This is what happens when you go blow dry your hair and accidentally leave out your double sided scotch tape and your four year old is playing with Legos. Good stuff! "Look at me mom! I can see you two times!"

Thank you, Carter and Evyn for a summer that I won't soon forget! I love you two little monkeys more than you will ever know!

6 comments:

linley said...

Pure greatness. Love that last picture!

Brigitte said...

One of the cutest posts ever! Way to go, Carter! Swim lessons, t-ball, and fully potty-trained: he really is growing up.

Mary said...

I was thinking about you today...hope you have a good first day back. Man, it flew by.

Mom said...

I absolutely love the 1st picture, sorry to have missed his 1st game.
It was always hard for me to go back to school also. Isn't it great when you enjoy your family so much that there is no place else on earth where you would rather be? However, you do a great job at Evans and I know God is going to use/ bless you in special ways there this year.
I love you.

Kelli Archer said...

Oh my! Your boy looks so grown up in his t-ball uniform. Absolutely precious! I love your attitude about starting school. My goal, too, is to really focus on the positive as I return back to work. Let's hold each other accountable! We have so much to be positive about! What adorable pictures!

ashley said...

just amazing. I love those babies and their mama to pieces! thinking of you this week as you start back...