Zephaniah 3:17 NLT
For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
Friday, August 21, 2009
First Day of Preschool (and more)
Today was Carter's first day of preschool. To say that he was excited would be an enormous understatement. All morning he told me, "Mom, I don't want to wait to go to school. It is going to be very cool." I love his general enthusiasm for life and learning and new experiences. He makes the little ordinary things in life so much more fun. Here he is proudly sporting his new transformers backpack before school.
Sadly, he tripped and skinned his knee in the parking lot on our way in today. Our first stop at school was the nurse's office. The good news was that he actually dried it up pretty quickly, which was huge for him, especially since there was blood involved.
He happily ran into his classroom, hung up his backpack and hugged his teacher. He chose the playdoh center and sent us on our way. I think he had a great first day. He told me that the best part was that they got to play on the big playground and eat their snack outside! Good times for sure!
In other Carter news, he recently got one of those retractable yoyo balls and thinks he is pretty hot stuff with it. He does all kinds of tricks, including his own little version of around the world.
Have I mentioned that Evyn is mobile? And curious? And fast? This child is definitely checking out her surroundings. I guess it is time to babyproof. She is a funny little girl. For someone so little, she has very definite preferences about things. She still won't drink out of a bottle or cup. People laugh when I say that she is strong willed and opinionated. Not sure why! :)
Every Sunday night we have breakfast for supper. When I am feeling creative on pancake night, the kids get pancake faces. This Sunday Carter insisted that I make "Smokey the Bear's whole body." I did my best. I am no Martha Stewart, but there was chocolate involved, so he was pleased with the results!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just can't get over how big Carter is! I remember visiting you in the hospital right after he was born. He's growing up SO fast!
I almost don't recognize him with his hair slicked down instead of up! Glad he had a good day!
I love that he was so excited! And the slicked down, parted hair?? Stop. That makes my heart melt when I see little boys like that!!!
oh my, look at that sweet boy! his little side part? and that dimply grin? and I can't believe how big evyn is! seriously, could she be growing any faster?
You do such a good job of journaling the events in the lives of the kids. They will have a blast when they are older and see this stuff. Oh yeah, your love just oozes through. This is worth every second it takes you.
Glad you got into a photo.
What is cooler than a transformer backpack? You tell him Ms. Lori is WAY impressed with his coolness! He will say who? I love that you captured the skinned knee on his first day of preschool. Oh how I wish I had a blog all those years ago, when mine started.
he's such a handsome little man! :)
Post a Comment