Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Time for Everything



Every year since September 11th, Lubbock puts up flags in remembrance of the lives lost that day. It is impossible to see the sheer number of flags and not be overwhelmed with sorrow. Tonight as I watched Carter play and laugh in the midst of a very solemn moment, I remembered Ecclesiastes 3:4- "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. . . a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Thank you, Carter, for reminding me to dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Carter walking among the flags gives me a new hope for the future. What a great kid!

Mary said...

I feel the same way. I see my kids running through the flags in such joy and laughter while I'm standing there in tears. Hunter wasn't even born then, and Janae was only a year old. They won't ever remember "that day" and won't ever fully grasp the significance of it. But for those who have lived through it, our lives have been touched in a tragic way, even living half-way across the country when it happened. But we always have a new hope for the future!!! Thank you Jesus! :)