Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mister Clown

Today was a funny Carter day! He is fascinated with my scarf collection and always wants to wear one when he sees me put one on. Today he selected the pink polka dotted scarf from my drawer and insisted on wearing it to school! It was rather cold outside, and I wasn't up for a battle at 7:45 so I let him wear it! He actually looked pretty cute and I smiled all morning thinking about my "little diva." You can barely see it in this picture, but be assured that it is very girly! His teachers at school just giggled when he walked in.



When Mike picked him up from school he did not want to leave because his class was playing a game called "Mister Clown." Apparently all of the kids sit in a circle and they clap and sing "Mister Clown, Mister Clown. Who's the funniest clown in town? __________ come and do a trick." Then they fill in different names in the blank and that kid gets up and does something funny. Mike stayed and watched about 5 minutes of the game and said that Carter was clapping and singing and then happily performing when it was his turn. So, naturally we spent most of the rest of our evening taking turns playing Mister Clown with the three of us! Carter's tricks normally consist of putting both hands on the floor while he lifts one leg, turning in a circle, or running around in a large circle. You would think that one might tire of this game after a few minutes, but not Carter. He would have played all night if we could have kept it up.


And last but not least, here is the wild man wearing Daddy's hat. He kept pulling it down over his eyes yelling "Where is Tarter?" Have I mentioned how much joy this kid brings us? What did we ever do without him?

3 comments:

Brooke said...

It's all fun and games reading about cute Carter until I see him in my now 7 year old boy's former T.T.U. sweats! Now I am crying....

I need a post about Toonces. I know he won't have on Zach's clothes. Please?

Anonymous said...

So, what was your Mister Clown funny trick? :) Wish I could have been a part of that game! Love me some Carter Brent.
Love, B.

Mary said...

Whoever would have known that our babies would make our hearts melt over the smallest things..........sigh