Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Reliving my adolescence!

You know how every now and then you will hear a song on the radio and it completely takes you back to your 13th birthday party and you can remember every detail- including what kind of cake you had and who was there? I am having a similar flashback to my entire adolescent experience! I had braces put on on Thursday.


All of a sudden I am fighting the urge to pinch roll my jeans, listen to Bon Jovi and wear leg warmers! I showed up at school after getting them put on and was greeted by high fives and sympathetic stories from my 8th grade office workers! I feel like I fit right in.

Currently I am having trouble figuring out what to do with my lips, and eating is more of a process of gumming and then swallowing. I feel like I need to peel my lips down off my teeth after every smile and I am missing my chewing gum addiction. Sigh. . .

At least this time I don't have to wear a headgear!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Kristen, you don't need braces!! Just want to have the agony to better sympathize with your students?? ha,ha

Brooke said...

What! I am with Mary, your teeth were already perfect! You just wanted to look cool, right? I'm kinda jealous...

Anonymous said...

You look incredible in braces. I sense a new trend coming on... Before you know it, it will be out with veneers and in with braces to update your look.

Anonymous said...

You're workin' it girl! Looking GOOOD. Now you're just that much cooler with the kids at school.
Love you!
B.

Anonymous said...

Personally...I think your teeth looked great before...but girl, you'll pulling those braces off with a bang!

Love you

Bonkland

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I've wanted braces for a while now...you're giving me newfound confindence!
Glad there's no headgear involved, though...I think that's what has held me back from getting braces myself.

Anonymous said...

So I may not be the most observant one in the bunch, but I never noticed anything wrong with your teeth.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, You look so cute in your braces!!! I too join the others in thinking you did not need them. It just makes you more radiant.
Lori E.