Christmas this year was absolutely wonderful. I find myself loving the innocence and excitement of my kids during the holidays! I wonder if this is why my mom always loved Christmas so much- having kids just makes it all seem like so much more fun!
We had Evyn dedicated in church the Sunday before Christmas. It was a really sweet service- they gave us a prayer shawl, her first Bible, and a candle to light one day when she is baptized. We thought that it would be nice to have Carter on stage with us. That seemed like a great idea until he ran screaming off the stage, took a lap around the sanctuary and headed out the back door hysterically crying. It was truly a day that I will never forget.

Evyn before church the day that she was dedicated. Pretty cute stuff! This was Grace's outfit, which made it all even more special.

We had a really sweet time as a family on Christmas Eve. We went to the vespers service at church with Mark and my parents and then came home to eat dinner and make Christmas cookies. Mike told Carter the Christmas story and then we left cookies and milk out for Santa before taking a bath and turning in. It was a really fun night. Here are some pictures that we took on Christmas Eve:



Carter was so excited by everything about Christmas this year. He could not wait to give a birthday present to Jesus. And for the first time, he was not terrified of Santa. He actually cried on Christmas morning when the cookies were gone and Santa was nowhere to be found. I guess he thought that Santa would be there when he woke up. Anyway, I loved this hat on him and had to take a picture!

Mike's family came through town for a few days on their way to Ruidoso and we had a nice visit. They were here for Evyn's dedication and we enjoyed the time with them. Here are both sets of grandparents together.

This is the whole Holwerda crew on Christmas day! We haven't had a big family picture in a long time, and I thought that this one turned out really nice! Mike's head is blocking Courtney's tummy, but we will have another new baby next Christmas! We can't wait to meet him.

The best thing about cold weather is the hats! This one just makes me smile!!!

Carter has been a smidge more "difficult" the last few weeks. We have really been talking about making good choices and acting like a big boy. He has had a few tantrums that have simply taken me off guard. He has always been so compliant and low key that this is all pretty new for us. He has had a much better few days, and I am praying that perhaps the worst is behind us! Anyway, this was a sweet moment on a hard day. I am convinced that God gives us those so we won't sell our kids on ebay.

Evyn is always really happy after she eats and I love the faces that she makes! Sweet girl. I am now really savoring these sweet days knowing that one day she will be 3 1/2 too!

And last but not least, Mike officiated his first wedding last night! He did a FABULOUS job and I was so very proud of him. I, of course, cried like a dork thinking about the day when he will marry both of our children. I need to get a grip.

I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for looking at our pictures!
6 comments:
We were just browsing blogs and found yours. WOW, do you guys ever get into the Christmas spirit!
Thanks for posting and for sharing such fun memories with the rest of the "blogosphere" You may find a lot on our blog that you relate to.
KEEP IT UP. We loved your blog.
The Larsen family
I had no idea Mike officiated a wedding! How cool! Love all the Christmas pics, K. I miss you and look forward to mid-January. Hug your kiddos for me.
i don't know why they call it the terrible two's ... it's definately the terrible three-fours.
that evyn is such a punkin, i need to squeeze her sometime.
merry christmas and happy new year!
xox
I agree with Carrie and the terrible 3's. I didn't know if I was going to make it with Janae from about almost 3 to almost 4. She was surely finding her independence and letting me know about it. Hunter didn't really go through a "terrible" stage, he just has meltdowns here and there. Hmm....wonder if that has to do with being a "first" child? Maybe it's part of their finding their own way somewhat since there is another, younger sibling?
Papa and Grammy are really thankful to have our family so close by. You make everyday a holiday for us.
We were so blessed to see how you are teaching Carter the true meaning of Christmas as well as letting him enjoy Santa. His greeting telling us about the cookies being gone was priceless. He made Evyn's dedication truly memorable.
Can't wait to see what 2009 brings.
Much, much love,
What a sweet family of four. At least Evyn's dedication will not be easily forgotten.
Post a Comment