Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweaty or Greasy?

Having a three year old around makes for some hilarious conversations. If you know me in real life, then you know that I am perhaps the sweatiest person on the planet. Carter has heard me say more than once that he needs to hurry because mommy is sweaty, etc. Normally instead of saying that he is hot, he will say that he is "sreaty." It makes me laugh.

So, on the way to church this morning Carter asked me if I was sweaty. Now that you know the background, you understand that this is actually a thoughtful question from a three year old. I was happy to report that I was not sweaty. So, he moved on to Mike. The conversation sounded something like this:

Carter "Daddy, are you sweaty?"

Mike "Nope. I am not."

Carter "But I see the sweat on your neck."

Me "That is not sweat. Daddy is greasy." (giggling while I said it)

Carter "Daddy, are you greasy like bacon?"

Good times.

6 comments:

Mary said...

That's funny, and leave it to a kid to "air your dirty laundry" to everyone that he knows.....Mommy is sweaty, and Daddy is greasy!

Mark said...

This is the kind of critical thinking I am proud to promote in the little man.

Carrie Maxwell said...

what is it with boys and their bodily function obsessions.... :)

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

That Tarter, he is a funny kid!
Kristen, your family is beautiful! I love the new pics and wow Evyn is growing like a weed! Enjoy your Christmas with your sweet family!

Anonymous said...

I do love reading your blog. Because it's the next best thing to hearing your stories in person!!! Love you... B.

Brooke said...

Conversations with children are always entertaining! Thanks for sharing!!!