Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Ten.

Ten years ago my best friend became my husband. It's amazing how much can change in ten years. And it's amazing how much can stay the same. We have spent a lot of time reflecting today and a lot of time counting our blessings. We did pause long enough to take a self portrait for the blog.


I never would have dreamt ten years ago that my love for Mike could grow any more than I loved him on that day. And I never would have imagined that we would buy our forever house less than a mile away from the house that I grew up in. Who would have guessed that Mike would be a preacher or me a preacher's wife? Ten years, two kids, three masters degrees, a house, and a lifetime of laughter later, all I can say is thank you God!

We watched our wedding video tonight and got a few good giggles. We laughed our heads off at Mike insisting that I wear the blusher on my veil so that he could pull it back to kiss me. Who wears a blusher? Was it the 1800's? Why did nobody tell me how weird I looked? Why was Mike so insistent that I do this?

I smiled hearing Brigitte giggle on video and felt so blessed that we got to celebrate with them this morning. We laughed at how fat Mike was and how "90s" we both looked. We both remembered feeling so grown up, but in retrospect, we realize that we were just children. Praise God for ten years of growing up together and that we somehow had the wisdom way back then to make a good decision.

Today was a fabulous day. We had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel with the Godins. Carter had a full blown meltdown at Walmart just to "keep it real", we had sweet time as a family, Mike brought me flowers, and we got to go out to dinner and coffee while the kids stayed with Hal and Joyce. We came home and put the kids to bed and watched our wedding videos while we held hands. I am truly blessed. Mike is simply the best man that I know and I get to wake up next to him every day. I have gotten ten years worth of good night kisses on my forehead. I get to share forever with a man who still makes my heart beat fast. There is no safer place on earth than in his arms. There is no other man that could be the father to Carter and Evyn that he is. There is nobody else that I want to share the rest of my life with. I honestly love this man more than myself, and my feelings for him are even more intense than they were on that sweet day ten years ago when it all began. Thank you, God, for an amazing decade!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

We all know Mike is a keeper. I must say that you too are a keeper!!! Mike is blessed by having you, my adorable friend! Congrats!!

Instantly Mama said...

Congratulations!!!! You guys are such a neat family and I'm so glad that you and Mike found each other!

Anonymous said...

Sweet post, my friend. Congratulations on 10 years!!! You two are perfect for each other.

I so do enjoy that our kids are close in age...and that we can rejoice and encourage (and yes, sometimes groan) over their stages together. It's been so fun. Love you, K! Merry Christmas!

Kelli Archer said...

Happy Anniversary! You two definitely have something special. God has surely used your love for one another to bless others! I can't wait to see what awesome things He does through you both in the next 10 years!

Erin said...

Awwww....Happy Anniversary, my precious darling. That little post made my heart melt. Love the pictures.

Mary said...

That's so sweet! Congrats on the anniversary...it's a big one!

Mama of 2 P's in a Pod said...

Congratulations! Ten years is quite an accomplishment, but reading your words on how terrific this man is, I know there will be many more decades for you both.
Enjoy!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Need a babysitter soon? I need a Carter fix, and so does Mai. And, I have "special" food for Evyn. It all works out great!