Carter makes me laugh. Here are some funnies from today:
1. While at the park today, he invited a complete stranger (approximately 40 year old man in a leather jacket) to spend the night at our house when Smokey the Bear is in town. What? The man looked to me for clarification and all I could say was "You are apparently invited to spend the night at our house when Smokey the Bear is in town."
2. After swimming lessons today he saw a man on the sidewalk smoking. We got in the car and were driving home. Here is our conversation:
C: Mommy I want one of those white things to put in my lips.
K: What?
C: You know. The ones that shoot smoke out.
K: A cigarette? Baby those are nasty.
C: But it looks like fun.
K: (Launches into instructional lecture about why smoking is a bad choice and not healthy for your body, will make you smell yucky and puts yucky smoke in your lungs instead of clean air, etc etc etc.)
C: Did his mommy not tell him that it is a bad choice?
Other highlights from today include his recently acquired pet roly poly, his newfound ability to ride his bike both up and down the driveway (the slanty part), his mad underwater swimming skills that he has tapped into the last three days in swimming lessons, and a fierce insistence on eating crab for dinner. He had mac and cheese. He just makes me smile.
On a serious note, I can't help but be amazed at how much he has grown up this summer. I am so proud of him. He is completely potty trained (praise the Lord), takes showers instead of baths, buckles his own carseat, dresses himself, rides a bike and swims, is so amazingly articulate, pours his own juice, and was so very brave at the doctor yesterday when he got four shots. I stood back and watched him do his first hearing and vision test, have his blood pressure taken, and pee in a cup, and it struck me that my baby is a little boy now. Officially. And I love him more than I can articulate.
6 comments:
I used to "smoke" crayons, but have never actually ever smoked a thing...I have high (but not like getting high) hopes for Carter!
well said. he is such a precious little boy; you and mike should be so proud!
We've had lots of internet problems lately, but I'm so glad to finally get to see your blog again! I love it when you write down what Carter is doing and saying. I can just imagine his little voice talking about those cigarettes. And the look on his face as those wheels are churning. Give both your babies a kiss from Aunt B.
He is growing up and he is such a fine young man! How I treasure my time with him. Besides being adorable, he is smart, kind and generous. He makes me laugh and blesses my heart when he prays. You have done a great job with him.
Hasn't that time just sped by??
Kristen! What sweet reflections! Carter is definitely spreading his little wings! Enjoy!
Post a Comment