Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Here Mommy, Flowers. . .

Yesterday was our first "birthday" at Friends of God church, and they presented me with flowers as part of the celebration, which was absolutely precious. Carter loves to smell the flowers and happily tells you that they are "Mommy's Flowers."

Today after church, I was getting lunch together and Mike wasn't home yet. I turned my back long enough to empty the ice trays and Carter took full advantage of my preoccupied state to empty about half of the contents of a large bag of flour in the floor. We locked eyes and he innocently said "Uh Oh, Mommy. Big mess." We agreed that it was in fact a big mess and I started to clean it up. While I was squatting awkwardly with a sponge and a broom, Carter went to the next room to play. I looked up just in time to see him clumsily carrying my flowers to the kitchen and with the sweetest little apologetic grin that I have ever seen he said, "Here, mommy. Flowers." Nevermind that he left a trail of potting soil behind him. . .

So, naturally I grabbed the camera and had to get a picture of my sweet little soul! I love this kid!



2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness Kristen, Carter is just too sweet for words. What is too cute is how he instinctively knew to bring you the flowers! I just love that little guy! :)

Brigitte said...

He's definitely a charmer! I'm sure he more than made up for the spill!!
Love you,
B