Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Homecation"

Because Mike works on weekends and I work Monday through Friday, today is our first day off as a family since August!!! We have been so excited about what we call "homecation" (vacation at home) and it is finally here! It is especially nice to have this time with the three of us since Mike was in Mexico last week!

Last night we had our first installment of what we called "family movie night." We rented Ratatouille and all put on our pjs and ate ice cream snuggled in blankets on the couch! Carter was so excited about it and he giggled like a little boy throughout the movie. He was super cute!

Today we are going to do some cooking for tomorrow and go see Uncle Mark's new office and have lunch. Other than that, we have NOTHING planned and I couldn't be more excited about it. Sometimes all you really need is empty days filled with loved ones to make your heart feel full!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K., ME again. I am so stealing the "homecation" word and idea from you. I love "homecations" and now I have a word for it. Yea!
Lori E.