Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My First Love.

I am so blessed to have two boys in my life that I absolutely adore! This weekend I had the opportunity to fall in love with my first love all over again. Mike and I went to a Pastors and Wives retreat in Glorieta and had an amazing time! The leaves were all changing colors, the air was crisp and cool, we got to go on long walks and rediscover the simple pleasure of holding hands, we had a candlelight dinner, went shopping in Santa Fe, took naps, and spent hours lost in conversation and laughter. We missed the little man like crazy and talked about him a lot, but it was refreshing to have a weekend together with just the two of us and the Lord.

Below is a slide show of some of our pictures from the weekend. We were particularly proud of what we refer to as "self portraits"- you know the thing where you put your faces close together and take your own picture! We felt like our technique improved substantially over the course of the weekend, but the first picture where Mike pushed the button before he was ready is my favorite! I do love that boy. . .

No comments: