Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Rodential Update

Our official mouse count is now up to five. I came home from work yesterday to find Mike with a trapped live mouse in a rubbermaid container in the kitchen. He saw no problem with any of this. I, on the other hand, was troubled by the use of my rubbermaid for such a purpose and the fact that the little rodent was now in my kitchen. His entire purpose was to demonstrate the "squeak" of a mouse to me, and I have to admit that I was wrong about squeaking. They do in fact make a sweet little noise.

So, the dilemma with catching mice is that more often than not the trap does not kill them- it merely maims them enough to make you sort of feel guilty. So, Mike has been escorting the live ones to the garage with a plastic bag and a rubber mallet. This, my friends, is why I feel like posting pictures on the blog would be massively inappropriate. However, I will continue to track our progress because I feel like so many of you are emotionally invested in this with me now!

And Ben, keep on laughing! We may just start a catch and release program at your house! Teehee!

7 comments:

Instantly Mama said...

You have me laughing out loud! This is hilarious (though I imagine not so much if you are living with them) and I can just see the interactions between you and Mike as he protects the family from these uninvited guests.

Man, we miss you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Who needs photos? The mental picture your words conjur up is quite sufficient! I can even imagine the sounds. Gross!

I've been told that you can put the little guys "to sleep" by holding them up the exhaust of your car for a minute or so (just try not to breath it yourself).

I don't want to sound like Dr. Kavorkian, but a little compassion might not be so bad here.

Anonymous said...

YES--I AM WAY INVESTED in this rodential removal process...please continue with the updates. The great part is that I can picture all of the interaction and conversations between you two.

BonkLand

Bonky's Mom said...

I need photos, Kyle! You have a weak stomach apparently.

Also...upon reflection I have decided it is to be expected that Mike beat Ralph S. Mouse and his family (Ralph's family, not you and Carter) with rubber mallets...he DID beat dogs in Mexico after all despite his repeated declarations of innocence.

Anonymous said...

I CAN imagine Michael beating rodents; however, I cannot even conjure up the notion of him beating DOGS - unless they were on the attack!

kristen lewis said...

Kellie,

The question then becomes did Mike also steal the surplus of groceries in Mexico? And as long as we are talking Mexico, I am still wearing our back-up plan wedding band! You should probably leave that off of your adoption applications!

Anonymous said...

Well...that's a good question, my friend! You know, come to think of it, I never did hear Mike complain about being hungry. HMMMM And...we all know how much Mike complains normally... : )

Perhaps R wasn't the problem after all.

WOW--to think we were accusing the wrong guy...I feel utterly disappointed in myself now.

And yes...not to worry...no mention of my second wedding band. It's all on the DL. ; )