Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Reflections

1. Mice do not like peppermints.

2. Girl time is good for the soul. Friday was "scrapbooking night" and we did everything but scrapbook. I came home exhausted from laughing and thankful for the women that God has placed in my life.

3. I ran into an old friend whose husband has been unfaithful to her and I came home all the more appreciative of my precious husband who chooses to love me even through the crazy!

4. I was invited to hand out awards at our district swim meet as an "alumni" and it made me feel both old and nostalgic all at the same time. And I forgot how hot it is inside of an aquatic center. Yuck.

5. I had my first attempt at matchmaking on Saturday night and I felt like it went smashingly well. I will keep the names anonymous in an attempt to protect the privacy of the future couple. I am giddy like a school girl about all of it.

6. I had forgotten how much I love the sound of birds singing outside of the kitchen window.

7. I do not rest well in chaos- I am certain that I have a touch of OCD. Mike just finished laying the wood floor in our front room on Friday and the house is starting to feel "complete" again and it is fabulous! (He did a terrific job on the floor- pictures will be posted soon.) Ahhhh.

8. Our Sunday night tradition is eating breakfast for supper, and while I know that it is a silly little thing to do, I find that I look forward to it all weekend just because it feels "special." I want to be intentional about enjoying the little things that make life fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think mice do like peppermints. Maybe we just got 'em all!

Mike

Anonymous said...

I am just now getting caught up on the "roomates" you have encountered this weekend. Shane and I are literally crying while reading this. There is never a dull moment in your home!! Keep up the good work Mike!

Summer

Anonymous said...

Hey K, great reflections. I'm impressed with Mike doing all those projects himself. And, you weren't kidding about the rodent infestation, huh? I don't think I'd sleep well either if I had 5 of them.

Sunday dinner is a great tradition. You know how to treasure the little things and that's one of the reasons I love you so.

Anonymous said...

You must elaborate on the mice not liking peppermints. Were you baiting traps with them? It sounds like you "scrapbook" with some truly WONDERFUL women. Loved all of your other observations. You so deserve to be content and happy!!!!!
Lori E.

Mary said...

Ah, scrapbooking...can't get any better than that! Now if I could actually get any scrapbooking done, I'd be in business!